CERNphone user documentation site¶
What is CERNphone?¶
CERNphone is a softphone solution provided by the IT department. It replaces CERN's legacy Skype for Business and Alcatel telephony services. CERNphone consists of a dedicated SIP backend, configuration and provisioning web interfaces, as well as two phone applications:
- CERNphone mobile: A mobile softphone app for iOS and Android customised to CERN needs (based on the popular Linphone open source VoIP client).
- CERNphone desktop: A softphone app for Windows, macOS and Linux developed at CERN.
Recent presentations on CERNphone can be found here:
A CERN Bulletin article on the Skype for Business phaseout (end of June 2022) can be found here.
There are several drivers behind CERNphone:
- Focus on software-based solutions replacing physical phones and avoiding associated costs (such as purchasing, installation and renewal of IP phones, networking switches and outlets, cabling)
- Reduce costs originated by mobile calls - CERNphone calls are cheaper than those handled by our fixed telephony operators, even when on data roaming
- Use fixed telephony phone numbers owned by and reserved for CERN, rather than mobile numbers that may change again on future tenders.
- Features of the service, as well as a comparison with Skype for Business, are found here.
Users and Numbers¶
- All CERN classes of personnel and users that are authorised to obtain and use a CERN fixed telephony number can install and use CERNphone.
- CERNphone offers two kind of numbers, for personal and for service usage.
Please consult this document for further information.
Migrating to CERNphone¶
- Please see the migration and installation instructions.
- Please consult the CERNphone user guide.
Frequently Asked Questions¶
- Find a list of FAQ's here.
Contact and support¶
- For assistance and support requests, please send an email to email@example.com or create a service-now ticket.
- For general questions, suggestions, etc you can contact the CERNphone team at firstname.lastname@example.org.